This article is a stub. Please help the Conflict of Nations Wiki by expanding it.
World War III map
Russia is a country located in Northern Eurasia. It is the largest country and has one of the most victory points. Its immediate neighbors are Mongolia, China, Kazakhstan, and Georgia in Asia and Ukraine, Belarus, Latvia, Estonia, Finland, and Norway in Europe.
Most of its cities are concentrated on the European side of the country. Only three cities are located in Asia: Yekaterinburg, Novosibirsk, and Vladivostok. This makes the Asian side of the country difficult to defend.
Its in-game description reads: "An extremely large nation, spanning eleven time zones from Europe to Asia, the military victor of the last world war is enormous - as is the task of managing this behemoth of a nation. Comprised of a diverse landscape rich in resources, Russia is a force to be reckoned with. A word of advice: this nation is best suited for experienced players."
- Russia starts with a lot of units compared to other countries.
- With 10 cities, Russia can be off to a good start.
- North Siberia and the Caucuses tend to have a lot of oil, making Local Industries ideal.
- Bordering the Baltics, Georgia and Azerbaijan, Russia can quickly annex these at the start and earn itself some VPs.
- Extremely massive and units are highly spread out. This can mean that cities and defending forces can often get flanked.
Flashpoint Europe map
Russia is still a major nation
- In the World at War 2020 map, Russia started off with 10 cities and 146 victory points, the greatest number of cities and victory points any country started with. China and the United States followed close behind at 139 and 136 victory points, respectively. Its cities were (roughly from left to right): Archangelsk, Saint Petersburg, Moscow (its capital), Voronezh, Volgograd, Rostov-on-Don, Nizhny Novgorod, Yekaterinburg, Novosibirsk, and Vladivostok.
- Arkhangelsk is spelled as Archangelsk ingame.
- Although Russia and North Korea share a border, there is no direct land route from Russia to North Korea without passing through China first.
- Because it is so big, the nation selection screen says Russia is best for experienced players.